Lead Electrical Engineer
The idela candidate must have previous experience of working within heavily regulated industries, specifically High Tier COMAH Operating Sites.The candidate must have a proven track record fronting client technical representatives and assisting with business development is essential.
The role is primarily technical leadership of electrical design and analysis based projects within regulated industries. The candidate will lead a small, but growing team, of power system engineers. Collaboration with internal projects, clients and regulatory bodies is required. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring projects are delivered to a high technical standard, whilst meeting the requirements of HSE legislation and our internal processes.
Evidence of client handling in a senior role is essential as the candidate is required to operate in a lone role (with support as appropriate), as well as leading and mentoring existing company engineers
- The candidate should have a strong technical and project background; which should include experience of several of the following:
- High, medium and low voltage electrical power system design. This predominantly includes 11kV to 415V networks.
- Electrical protection design and analysis (ETAP and or SKM Power Tools). This includes fault level, protection coordination, load flow, arc flash, transient stability, harmonic analysis etc. of both new and legacy systems.
- Arc flash risk assessments.
- Power system earthing design in compliance to relevant regulatory standards.
- Lightning protection systems. Risk assessment, design and implementation of appropriate protective measures.
- Specification of electrical equipment for use in industrial networks.
- Application of regulated industry standards, methodologies and principles.
- Providing client technical support and developing relationships.
- Technical leadership on projects.
- Verification and approval of technical output.
- Project supervision and control of risks.
- Mentoring and development of graduate engineers
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Power Systems Engineering environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of power systems theory.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters preferred), or a relevant technical discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Proficiency with simulation software and system modelling tools.
- Experience of management of technical engineers and ability to provide direction on complex problems and the operating issues of power networks.
Apply for this jobRecruitment Advisor